After coding some of the UI for the reader, I decided to streamline some of the features for the alpha release and move them down the road to future alpha iteration. As such, earlier today I pushed version 0.1 to the server. A key feature that is missing at the moment is editing bad dictionary entries. I decided to push this feature until beta because I think it is best to have user management to track what changes are submitted to the dictionary. Guests can still flag incorrect words, so anyone can still flag a word by clicking it and selecting the flag button (marked by X). Selected words can also be saved into a CSV file, but the list of selected words is not persistent. You have to save the word list before navigating away from the page, otherwise it is lost for good.
The next big step will be refactoring my Rails code. In an effort to get all my ideas down quickly, I’ve turned the code into a lot of mess. The next alpha (2) release will bring no visible improvements to the user, but it will streamline the code for future updates.
The following, and final, alpha (3) will bring user registration and management. This will not necessarily come with any benefits to registration at that point, but it paves the way for future updates.
The beta release will come with a full word editor to submit updates to the dictionary, as well as many other features.
For now check out the alpha (1) release:
- No public Twitter messages.